Message therapy sessions benefit both your mental health and physical health.
Your overall physical health can be improved by massage therapy by lowering stress, decreasing blood pressure, decreasing heart rate, and increasing immune system function, just to name a few of its benefits. Massage therapy also can be very beneficial to your emotional health. The following are a few of the important ways that massage therapy supports your physical and emotional health.
- Strengthens your immune system
- Enhances the nourishment and health of the skin
- Relieves tension headaches
- Reduces blood pressure
- Improves movement of the lymph fluids and circulation of blood, which supplies individual cells with nutrients; and improves the ability of the cells to eliminate waste materials from the cells and body.
- Improves range of motion and flexibility
- Reduces healing time of sprained ligaments and strained muscles; and also reduces the formation of scar tissues, swelling, and pain
- Relieves pain, stiffness, and muscle tension. Those symptoms are reduced by simulating endorphins to be released.
- Aids in relaxation and relieves stress
- Satisfies the need for touch, which promotes feelings of well-being. Negative emotions such as depression and anxiety which in turn will manifest in the form of physical symptoms, including increased fatigue, depression, anxiety, and aggression.
- Helps to reduce anxiety levels and relieve mental stress by reducing endorphins like dopamine and serotonin which can help with depression
- Massage helps to promote a more real mental alertness state; this can help to quiet your mind and help you become totally relaxed
- Massage helps to promote calm thinking through relaxing the body and mind; this can result in a deeper and better sleep. Getting enough sleep helps you think clearly and reduces fatigue and irritability.
The challenges of our daily lives and all of the stress associated with it can influence the mind-body connection. This is a complex relationship between our bodies, emotions, and thoughts. Having massage therapy on a regular basis can help to alleviate numerous symptoms that are blocking your recovery.